John Kent Kidwell
John Kidwell is the owner and managing partner of the Law Firm of Kidwell & Kent, with offices in Fairfax, Virginia, and Rockville, Maryland. Mr. Kidwell also owns and operates his in-firm commercial and residential real estate title company, Old Dominion Title Services, Inc. In 2010 Mr. Kidwell partnered with Long and Foster Realtors to develop a subsidiary, Platinum Group Services, to lay the legal framework for a multi-state short sale prosecution apparatus that pioneered the successful negotiation of real estate short sales across the country, saving thousands of families from foreclosure. In 2013 John Kidwell was selected by the Heritage Registry of Who’s Who as a pillar of the community for his work as an attorney and continued dedication to charitable contributions.
In 2014 John Kidwell was inducted as a member of Trial Masters, an elite national organization composed of lawyers with significant courtroom experience. Fewer than 1/2 of 1% of the attorneys in the United States are members.
In 2015, Mr. Kidwell was peer nominated and awarded through the Heritage Foundation as a TOP ATTORNEY IN THE NATION.
Mr. Kidwell was selected as a President’s Circle Member into the Top Attorneys of North America 2020-2021 edition by The Who’s Who Directories.
Mr. Kidwell holds his Life Health and Annuities, Series 7 and Series 66 Securities Licenses to provide individual and business financial planning services to his clients.
Areas of Practice
Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, May 2002 4 Year Varsity Basketball. Team Captain. Athletic Honor Roll.
George Mason University School of Law, Fairfax, VA Juris Doctorate, May 2005
Virginia, 2006 Minnesota, 2012
Honors and Awards
Selected by the Heritage Registry of Who’s Who as a pillar of the community for my work as an attorney and continued dedication to charitable contributions to the community. 2011 candidate for Man of the Year – Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
Virginia State Bar Fairfax Bar Association, Member section on Real Property; Estate Planning Virginia Trial Lawyers Association American Bar Association Fairfax City Chamber of Commerce Fairfax Business Connection Vice President Member Services, Fairfax County Republican Committee Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Information Technology Policy Advisory Committee Business Networking International Fairfax Rotary Club Fairfax legislative committee Friends of Historic Centerville Screenwriters Guild of America President Walney Glen HOA Founder and President, Alternative Fuels For America, a 501(c)(3) charity.
Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- 2011 Man of the Year candidate, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (raised over $14,000 in 10 weeks for the cure for cancer).
- Conducts free legal clinics for Wills for Heroes, the Veterans Administration, local churches and assisted living facilities.
- Appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors to the Information Technology Policy Advisory Committee, tasked with advising local government on the implementation and management of information technology services and platforms. 2011-13.
- Fairfax Rotary, Membership Services Coordinator.
- Outside Counsel for the Fairfax County Republican Committee and multiple Congressional campaigns.
- Fairfax Legislative Committee member 2006-current.