Estate Planning And Probate: Do You Have A Plan In Place?
Documenting wishes for the distribution of personal property and otherwise preparing for death and incapacity are important steps for nearly everyone. At some point, most of us must also navigate practical and legal matters when a family member passes away. At The Law Offices of Kidwell & Kent, we provide full-service counsel and representation in all such situations.
Let Us Help You Establish Your Legacy
Our long-standing, family-owned law firm is a proven resource for people across the cultural and economic spectrum who need estate planning services. Our estate planning lawyers will listen carefully to your concerns and goals. We will explain and propose solutions ideally suited to your needs and handle all the details.
Our attorneys’ knowledge and capabilities cover estate planning needs at all levels of complexity. Whether you need a relatively simple, basic last will and testament, a trust or a comprehensive plan for a large estate, we can help. We frequently provide:
- Wills and trusts ideally suited to our clients’ needs and goals
- Financial powers of attorney and medical powers of attorney (sometimes called living wills or advance directives)
- Revocable living trust agreements, special needs trusts and a range of other specialized vehicles to account for unique situations and objectives, including minimization of lawfully preventable estate taxes
- Charitable gifting strategies and the documents required to execute them
- Guardianships to enable proper care for disabled and incapacitated family members
Estate Planning That Is Dedicated To Helping Families
Our attorneys apply decades of experience and extensive knowledge of current laws to help clients:
- Draft or amend estate planning documents, including wills and specialized trusts, medical directives and more, to reflect current and evolving needs faced by the elderly
- Gain peace of mind and security through effective, legally and financially sound Medicaid planning, long-term care planning and asset protection planning
- Address situations that call for the establishment of a guardianship or conservatorship to manage the affairs of a person who has become incapacitated
Our attorneys take the time to understand each client’s unique needs and explore innovative solutions. Our firm’s success is built on mutual trust that leads to long-standing client relationships, and so we never push services or products that extend beyond those needs and do not have a real financial benefit.
Free Educational Resources
Our goal is to educate our clients about the vast array of tools and options available to improve their wealth and protect their standard of living for themselves, their families, their businesses, and for future generations.
SEE SOME OF THE MANY ARTICLES WRITTEN BY JOHN KIDWELL ON WEALTH, LEGACY & CHARITABLE TRUST STRATEGIES.
Take advantage of our library of articles, videos and more, and then contact us to help you implement an estate plan designed to help you achieve your goals.
Receive Help Administering An Estate
In a time of great personal loss and concern for other family members, dealing with the affairs of a deceased loved one can be an overwhelming experience. We offer real sensitivity as well as eminently professional legal counsel in these matters. As an executor, personal representative, beneficiary to an estate or other interested party, our goal is to reward your confidence in our firm in every way possible.
Avoid Mistakes And Plan With Confidence
For an open, informative consultation focused on your specific needs, please contact us. Call us in Fairfax (703-988-7429) or Rockville (301-264-7185) today. Our family-owned law firm is here to serve you and is designed for the American Family.