Will or Trust? We Start With Your Family, Your Assets And Your Goals
At the family-owned Virginia and Maryland law firm Kidwell & Kent, you can accomplish your unique estate planning goals efficiently and reliably. You do not have to worry about being overwhelmed by confusing legal language or sold on services that are more than you need. We are knowledgeable and innovative, yet always practical and value conscious.
We Help You Prioritize and Optimize Your Financial and Legal Affairs
Whether your estate is large or modest, and whatever your unique personal circumstances, we will guide you through the steps required to:
- Decide exactly what should be in your last will and testament
- Carefully consider whether a revocable living trust agreement or another type of trust is right for you
- Establish a durable power of attorney, advance health care directive or “living will,” and any other documents essential for documenting your wishes in the event of death or incapacity
- Address specific matters such as how best to provide for a disabled family member through a special needs trust, how to achieve special objectives involving charitable gifts and much more
- Plan for and handle the Retirement Transition, Sale, and/or estate planning of sole proprietor, small and medium sized businesses.
- We leverage our considerable knowledge in real estate, estate and business law, and coordinate with our team of professionals to make sure you and your family and business have a sound, tax-optimized, comprehensive financial plan that is appropriately and efficiently linked to your Estate Documents.
Our Firm is Designed to Assist Individuals, Families and Family Businesses Thrive
We draft estate planning documents ranging from basic wills and powers of attorney to complex trusts and guardianships suited to highly specific objectives. Our Rockville and Fairfax will and trust lawyers emphasize personal care, attention to detail and responsiveness throughout the lifelong relationships we form with our clients.
Start Planning For The “What Ifs” Today
We provide the utmost in customized estate planning counsel as well as full-service probate representation. For a friendly, informative professional consultation focused on achieving your unique goals, contact us by telephone or email anytime.